As Dementia Friends and a Dementia Champion and an advocate for the Alzheimer's Society, we are proud that we can now offer this complete Dementia Awareness course as developed by Oxford Brookes and supported by Health Education England. This course is approximately 3 hours long or 3 hours and 40 minutes for those who would like to include Dementia Friend status in their organisation*.
Suitable as an introduction and appropriate for a Dementia Friend award from Alzheimer’s Society. *All those who complete the course are recognised as ‘dementia friends’ and reaches the standards as set by the Alzheimer’s Society.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
· Explain what dementia is, how it affects people with dementia & their carers
· Describe the impact of dementia and the support that people with dementia and their carers require
· Recognise the signs and symptoms of Dementia
· Influence and design your environment to be more Dementia friendly
· List the types of behaviour that one may experience when living with Dementia
· Recognise the importance of supporting friends and family as well as the individual of those living with Dementia
· Name some useful strategies or hints and tips that can be used to support the person with dementia at whatever stage
You will also have an opportunity to attend a Dementia Friends session from a Dementia Friends Champion. If you choose to, you can become a Dementia Friend and join the Alzheimer’s Society’s movement to raise awareness of Dementia in the community.
This course is designed for anyone who would like to understand more about Dementia and the impact it has.
Price per person open courses
Delivered via Zoom exclusively to your organisation
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.