By the end of this session learners will be able to:
· Explain the role and responsibilities of the First Aider
· Assess and manage an incident
· Assess and manage an unconscious person who is not breathing
· Recognise when you need help and discuss how to get it
· Discuss reasons why we may not be confident with FA
· Recognise DR ABC – primary survey
· Assess and manage a person who is breathing and use the recovery position
· Demonstrate how to assist a person who is choking using the Heimlich Manoeuvre
· Manage cuts, lacerations, abrasions, bruising, bleeding, sprains, breaks and fractures
· Demonstrate how to bandage an injury and how to use a triangle sling in three different ways
· Demonstrate how to use CPR on adults
· Demonstrate how to use a Defibrillator
In addition, we cover EpiPens & allergic reactions, burns, seizures, stroke, cardiac arrest, heart attack, shock and more!
Activities and learning are assessed throughout the day using demonstrations, participation and observation. The learner must complete the full day to receive a certificate of competence for Emergency First Aid at Work. It is valid for 3 years from date of the course. HSE compliant. Annual refreshers are recommended.
Basic First Aid/First Aid for Appointed Persons/Refresher 3.5 hrs
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
Activities and learning are assessed throughout the session using demonstrations, participation and observation. The learner must complete the full session to receive a certificate of competence for Basic First Aid and will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue. HSE compliant. Annual refreshers are recommended.
This course is suitable for learners of all levels, including employers, managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time workers, volunteer and leaders as everyone in the workplace has a responsibility to each other.
Comprehensive course suitable for all First Aiders
Delivered in-house for one organistion
Suitable for refresher and Appointed Persons
Delivered in-house for one organisation
All instruction is group led and will be adapted to the knowledge and relevance of the workplace.
Sign up to hear from us about forthcoming courses and events.