Train the Trainer Moving and Assisting – 14 hours
Participants should have a current M&A People certificate and/or 2 years experience in the care industry working directly with people. Where possible, Training Oxfordshire will support those whose training certificates need updating.
This course is aimed at those members of staff who are finding themselves in a position of taking the lead with training in the work place more often. It is a fully interactive course and aimed specifically at those who are hands on with training but lack the knowledge of the formalities of the classroom. The sessions will cover aspects of learning such as how to construct learning outcomes properly, SMART objectives, how to create your own style of presentation and recognise the importance of assessment regardless of how your course is delivered.
By the end of Day 1 participants will be able to:
· Recognise the importance of Ice Breakers and appropriate use of them
· Apply SMART learning objectives to desired outcomes for training
· Recognise participants learning styles and how to include them in your training
· Discuss the importance of assessment and list different types of assessment that could be used during training
· Identify and list the important traits of a trainer and how to incorporate your personality type in to training others
· Demonstrate inclusion in all aspects of training and learning
· Create learning outcomes for a typical day with **Moving and Assisting ready to share with the group in the next session.
· Make a list of what makes a good trainer and how that is relevant to your organisation.
· Review the PowerPoint presentation in details of a typical day training for **Moving and Assisting People
· Discuss how we can apply our learning to the classroom and to shadowing in the work place
· Review our lesson plan and evaluate the relevance in our own organisations
· Discuss the importance of reflective practice
· Recognise the importance of feedback from your peers and how to include this in your future training sessions
· Demonstrate a micro teach from subjects provided (where possible)
· Review the necessities of legislation and how they impact your workplace
Please read the following:
All participants are expected to attend the full length of each session and to be committed to the work involved over the two days, including completing the assignments given between day 1 and day 2. In return, Training Oxfordshire guarantees full commitment and support to each participant throughout the course with the intention to pass every person upon completion.
The courses are run from 9.30am – 4.30pm with a break for lunch and 2 small breaks in the morning and afternoon both days. Training Oxfordshire will endeavour to keep to these times as closely as possible.
Participants are expected to spend approximately 1.5 hours in their own time with the home assignment that they will be given. They are also expected to share their learnings with the group on day 2. The home assignments are an essential part of assessing competency and therefore the course cannot be completed without them.
All participants will receive a FREE up-to-date PowerPoint presentation (no copyright) for a full day of **Moving and Assisting People training, a pdf of all hand-outs, links and suggestions where to find relevant information and a list of ice breakers. These will be sent via email within two weeks of completing the course alongside a Certificate of Completion and Competency valid for 3 years.
In addition, all participants will be invited to attend a FREE half day course on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace as part of their TtT course and will be issued an individual certificate on completion.
You will be offered full support for your training throughout the duration of the certificate validation dates and will be reminded about availability of a refresher when it is due.
**or other course relevant to Train the Trainer
This course is designed for anyone who is in a position of responsibility and who finds themselves cascading training in the workplace.
Did you know you can request this course for any subject and Training Oxfordshire can write a bespoke course for your organisation or business.
The next Train the Trainer session will be delivered via Zoom on Monday July 5th and Wednesday July 7th 2021. You will receive your PowerPoint, handouts and certificate at the end of the second day. Book now to secure your place £450pp incl PowerPoint and pdfs of all relevant handouts to support your course.
Sign up to hear from us about courses and events.